D-Camphor is a primary component of medicinal camphor oil, as extracted from the evergreen camphor tree. This terpene is a popular ingredient of many topically applied products, as it is rapidly absorbed through the skin. D-Camphor has attested as an anti-inflammatory and has relaxing qualities. With a wide range of beneficial aspects. It has a powerful menthol flavor that often appears in aromatic vapors, cold-rubs, and decongestants.
- Name- D-Camphor, USP Natural
- Other Names- Camphor; 2-Bornanone; Bornan-2-one; 2-Camphanone; Formosa; 1,7,7-Trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one.
- Sources- Camphor Laurel, rosemary, mint, basil
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- camphoreous, medicinal, mentholic, with a cooling green nuance.
- Therapeutic Uses - Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory
- Organic - Yes
- Solvent Free- Yes
- Kosher- Yes
- Halal- Yes
- Food Grade- Yes
- Fillers- None
- CAS 123-35-3
- FEMA 2762
- Formula C10H16
- Molecular Mass 136.24g/mol
- Boiling Point 168 °C (334 °F)
- LD50 >5000mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure - X
- Purified D-Camphor