The man, the myth, the legend—Jack Herer. He may be gone, but this sweet, sour, and citrusy cannabis strain keeps his legacy alive. Read on for details on this powerhouse terpene profile.
While the icon this strain was named after is no longer with us, his book The Emperor Wears No Clothes is still a pivotal resource for cannabis activists fighting for decriminalization and legalization. So, every time we enjoy this Sativa-dominant hybrid strain, we remember and honor Jack Herer. That’s why nailing the precise terpene profile of this strain was so important to us!
We wanted to authentically capture the spicy, citrusy goodness of its aroma and flavor. Plus, we knew long-time fans would expect nothing less than perfection when it came to the invigorating, uplifting effects typical of this strain.
Before we jump in too deep, we want to remind everyone that we offer both botanical and cannabis-derived terpene blends. We work hard to isolate the specific terpene profiles of popular strains so both cannabis and non-cannabis consumers can enjoy and benefit from them.
Read on and discover the terpene profile that helped cement this strain into the hearts of cannabis lovers across the world.
Reading Time - 7 min
Get to Know Your Favorite Strain | Jack Herer
Are you on the go but still need all those juicy details? Don’t sweat it! We’ve got a quick breakdown for you right here.
- This strain is known for its invigorating cerebral effects and its unforgettable flavor that’s spicy, citrusy, and perfectly sweet. None of that would be possible, however, if it weren’t for its unique blend of terpenes.
- While its blend is comprised of a complex variety of isolates, its dominant terpenes (terpinolene, beta-caryophyllene, d-limonene, and myrcene) create the flavor, aroma, and effects consumers know and love.
- Terpinolene makes up 39% of this blend and is known for its intense cerebral effects. Found in cumin, lilac, and even tea tree, terpinolene is herbal with subtle notes of citrus and pine.
- Beta-Caryophyllene is another power-house isolate and provides complex spicy notes. Found in black pepper, cloves, and hops, this isolate has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anxiolytic properties.
- Some of the uplifting, citrus notes in this blend come from D-Limonene. You’ll find this isolate in fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges and it’s particularly useful for mood elevation and energy.
- Myrcene perfectly weaves together the complex variety of flavors and aromas in this blend. On its own, myrcene is earthy and woody with fruit and musk flavors. Plus, its sedative and analgesic properties lend themselves beautifully to this blend.
- The initial cerebral buzz typical of this strain is invigorating and surprisingly clear-headed. We think this makes Jack Herer the perfect wake’n bake strain for anyone needing to be productive or crush a creative project.
- The cerebral effects are perfectly balanced with physical relaxation. You’ll feel mentally stimulated and relaxed without the couch-lock effect. We see this blend as the perfect remedy for social awkwardness, anxiety, and lack of inspiration or motivation. Lovers of this strain have also said it helps relieve migraines.
- Its focused energy would be perfect in products designed to promote alertness, creativity, and productivity (sports drinks, vapes, edibles, etc.). Topicals, however, will also benefit from Limonene’s ability to promote skin absorption.
Jack Terpene Profile
When you take a close look at its terpene profile, it’s no wonder Leafly included it in their list of Best Cannabis Strains of Summer 2021. While it’s comprised of a large variety of isolates, the dominant terpenes in this blend create that beloved Jack flavor, aroma, and experience.
Most strains have small amounts of Terpinolene, but Jack has a whopping 39%. This cyclic monoterpene is known for its intense cerebral effects and antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Plus, its aroma is herbal with subtle notes of citrus and pine. Strains with lots of terpinolene tend to be heavy-hitters, and Jack is no exception.
Click here to check out other terpinolene-heavy blends!
Beta-Caryophyllene is another powerful isolate that makes the effects of this strain particularly intense. Found in black pepper, cloves, hops, and even cinnamon, it’s no surprise that this isolate lends Jack a noticeably spicy kick. Beta-Caryophyllene is also one of the only non-cannabinoids that can activate cannabinoid receptors in the brain. This makes its anti-inflammatory and anxiolytic properties very effective.
Click here to check out other blends with a hefty dose of beta-caryophyllene!
The uplifting citrus notes come from a healthy dose of D-Limonene. This mouth-puckering isolate is sweet, sour, and found in fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges. It’s one of the most common terpenes in nature and lends Jack effects like mood elevation, anti-inflammation, and invigoration.
Click here to check out other limonene-heavy blends!
Myrcene gives this strain a sweet complexity that perfectly weaves all the various aromatic notes together. Found in mangos, lemongrass, hops, and thyme, myrcene has an aroma that’s earthy and woody. But it doesn’t stop there. You’ll also notice notes of cloves, cardamom, fruit, and musk. See what we mean? Myrcene gives the term complexity new meaning! It also lends Jack effects like pain-relief, anti-inflammation, and sedation.
Click here to take a peek at other myrcene-dominant blends!
The Jack Effect
While the exact genetic lineage of this strain is a bit of a mystery (some say Northern Lights #5 crossed with Shiva Skunk, but others swear Haze is in the mix), you’re probably familiar with its descendants. Strains like Jack the Ripper, Jack Skellington, and even Jack’s Cleaner all owe their phenomenal flavor and effects to their parent strain—Jack Herer.
With a family like that, it should come as no surprise that its effects are cerebral and invigorating. The initial buzz is surprisingly clear-headed and provides a boost of focused energy. These effects make it the perfect wake’n bake strain to hunker down and get shit done or dive into a creative project. It’s also particularly useful as a social lubricant. If stress and anxiety make it hard for you to shine, Jack will help relieve stress and ease conversations.
Fans of this strain also love how balanced the cerebral and physical effects are. The initial rush of focused energy smoothly progresses into physical relaxation without the couch-lock. Expect to feel mentally stimulated and physically relaxed. The various isolates in this blend provide a healthy dose of anti-inflammatories and many users report migraine relief.
If you have trouble sleeping, we wouldn’t recommend using this strain close to bedtime because the stimulating effects could make it hard to wind down. However, if you’re looking to enjoy a conversation until the sun comes up, Jack will do the trick.
How Can YOU Use The Jack Terpene Blend?
Our botanically sourced Jack terpene blend is perfect for both cannabis and non-cannabis products. Obviously, combining this blend with cannabinoids will pump up the effects. However, non-cannabis products seeking to promote alertness and creativity will greatly benefit from this blend.
Its focused energy would be a phenomenal addition to sports drinks or any beverage designed to promote alertness and creativity. The same goes for vape, edibles, or even aromatherapy products. Plus, the Limonene in this blend helps promote absorption through the skin. So, adding this blend to topicals or skincare would improve overall product absorption for maximum effectiveness.
The popularity of this blend is undeniable. That’s why we made sure to include it in our Strain Infused Sample Kit! Whether you prefer paper cones, blunt cones, or flat blunts, there’s something for everyone. You can sample a Jack-infused item along with a few other favorites like Kush Cake, OG Sweet Backwood, Creme Brulee, Hippie Crasher, Purple Punch, and even Pineapple Express.
Try The Jack Terpene Blend Today!
There’s a reason why this strain has won over eleven different cannabis awards. That phenomenal flavor, unforgettable aroma, and invigorating effects immediately create positive consumer experiences that they’ll come back for again and again.No matter what kind of products you’re creating, Jack is an iconic experience that will please long-time cannabis consumers and newbies alike. Plus, non-cannabis consumers will thoroughly enjoy its flavor and energizing effects. Contact us today to talk about adding this blend to your products and let us know about your Jack experiences on our Instagram!