Interested in larger quantities?Contact Us
Beta-Pinene has a piney wood smell undercut by minty notes of eucalyptus and nutmeg. Known for its anti-inflammatory qualities, this terpene is released in large quantities by coniferous trees, giving them their iconic pine smell, just like Christmas.
Abstrax terpenes are sourced from naturally derived ingredients and do not contain CBD, THC or any illegal substances.
Piney Nutmeg Woody
- Name- Beta-Pinene
- Other Names- Pinene, 2(10)-Pinene, Nopinene, Pseudopinene, 6,6-Dimethyl-2-methylenebicyclo-3,1,1-heptane.
- Sources- Pine, Cumin, Hops
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- Cooling, woody, piney and turpentine-like with a fresh minty, eucalyptus and camphoraceous note with a spicy peppery and nutmeg nuance. Taste; fresh piney and woody, terpy and resinous with a slight minty, camphoraceous with a spicy nuance.
- From Naturally Derived Ingredients - Yes
- Solvent-Free - Yes
- Food Grade - Yes
- Fillers - None
- CAS 127-91-3
- FEMA 2903
- Formula C10H16
- Molecular Mass 136.24g/mol
- Boiling Point 166 °C (331 °F)
- LD50 >3700mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure - X
- Purified Beta-Pinene