Interested in larger quantities?Contact Us
Also known as Humulene, this terpene isolate literally gets its name from hop plant formal name: homulus lulupus. As such, it makes sense that this terpene would be a primary constituent of the iconic smell of beer. Also commonly known as Alpha-Caryohpyllene. Humulene has a potent earthy flavor with a bitter woody overtone.
Abstrax terpenes are sourced from naturally derived ingredients and do not contain CBD, THC or any illegal substances.
- Name- Humulene
- Other Names- Alpha-Caryophyllene, A-Caryphyllene, Alpha-Humulene, 3,7,10-Humulatriene, 2,6,6,9-Tetramethyl-1,4-8-cycloundecatriene
- Sources- Hops, sage, ginseng, coriander.
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- Woody
- From Naturally Derived Ingredients - Yes
- Solvent Free- Yes
- Food Grade- Yes
- Fillers- None
- CAS 87-44-5
- FEMA 2252
- Formula C15H24
- Molecular Mass 204.36g/mol
- Boiling Point 268°C (514°F)
- LD50 >5000 mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure - X
- Purified Humulene