Alpha-Pinene is found in the oils of cone-bearing trees. Another iconic terpene of pine trees and a known bronchodilator. This terpene dilates the bronchi within the lungs, increasing oxygen intake. Also possessing anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and memory enhancing properties, the flavor is noticeably woody with herbal influences.
- Name- Alpha-Pinene, Natural
- Other Names- (+)-Alpha-Pinene; (-)-Alphe Pinene; Racemic Alpha-Pinene; (1S,5S)-2,6,6-Trimethylbicyclo[3.1.1]hept-2-ene; ((−)-α-Pinene)
- Sources- Pine, Confers, Rosemary
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- herbal, woody, piney and turpentine-like, with a slight cooling camphoraceous nuance and a fresh herbal lift.
- Therapeutic Uses - Anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferate, antioxidant, memory aid.
- Organic - Yes
- Solvent Free- Yes
- Kosher- Yes
- Halal- Yes
- Food Grade- Yes
- Fillers- None
- CAS 80-56-8
- FEMA 2902
- Formula C10H16
- Molecular Mass 136.24g/mol
- Boiling Point 155 °C (311 °F)
- LD50 >3700mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure - X
- Purified Alpha-Pinene