Interested in larger quantities?Contact Us
Beta-Pinene has a piney wood smell undercut by minty notes of eucalyptus and nutmeg. Known for its anti-inflammatory qualities, this terpene is released in large quantities by coniferous trees, giving them their iconic pine smell, just like Christmas.
Piney Nutmeg Woody
- Name- Beta-Pinene
- Other Names- Pinene, 2(10)-Pinene, Nopinene, Pseudopinene, 6,6-Dimethyl-2-methylenebicyclo-3,1,1-heptane.
- Sources- Pine, Cumin, Hops
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- Cooling, woody, piney and turpentine-like with a fresh minty, eucalyptus and camphoraceous note with a spicy peppery and nutmeg nuance. Taste; fresh piney and woody, terpy and resinous with a slight minty, camphoraceous with a spicy nuance.
- From Naturally Derived Ingredients - Yes
- Solvent-Free - Yes
- Food Grade - Yes
- Fillers - None
- CAS 127-91-3
- FEMA 2903
- Formula C10H16
- Molecular Mass 136.24g/mol
- Boiling Point 166 °C (331 °F)
- LD50 >3700mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure - X
- Purified Beta-Pinene